We are American Greetings.
We are friendly hellos and great big smiles. We work hard and know how to have fun.
Our innovative and creative work is a reflection of each of us and the culture and values we share.
We are excited that you want to join us in helping make the world a more thoughtful and creative place.
Every. Single. Day
• Diverse and inclusive culture with employee resources groups
• 13 paid holidays
• Flexible Schedules (Department Based)
• 401k- dollar-per-dollar match up to 6%
• Tuition assistance
• Wellness program
• AG Workperks Discount Program
• All Hands Meetings
• Employee Assistance Program
• Medical, dental, vision
The Manager Shopper Marketing will own the shopper marketing plans for select key customers in the retail channel of business. In this role, the Manager will leverage shopper data and insights to develop marketing strategies that effectively drive shopper awareness and action for the Social Expressions Category, while also achieving objectives of our retail partners. The Manager works directly with business and sales leaders, retail partners, marketing peers, agencies and other staff to develop, recommend, and evaluate shopper marketing programs. The Manager leads the implementation of the shopper marketing plan and is assisted by one direct report. This is a headquarter-based position with overnight travel required at least 1-2 nights per month. The Manager is responsible for directing and managing a multi-million dollar shopper marketing budget.
The Manager is an energetic, passionate and organized individual with knowledge of how to apply shopper marketing strategies and tactics along the shopper journey. The Manager has strong presentation and budget management skills.
• Influences decision making internally and externally on program adoption and budget appropriation.
• Develops and leads the implementation of the marketing plan (out of store, in store, print and digital advertising, engagement/social marketing, promotions, direct marketing, event marketing, loyalty marketing) in multiple channels to drive traffic and sales growth in the greeting card department.
• Briefs internal and external resources (graphic designers, purchasing agents, vendor partners and advertising agencies, retailer contacts) to ensure all programs are developed using shopper insights, shopper data, and best practices.
• Other/additional duties and projects as required.
• 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced consumer products marketing environment, leading marketing programs for key business partners. Minimum of 6 months experience in an ad agency or in-house agency setting.
• Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels of the company and at external partners.
• Strong budget management skills and strong presentation skills are essential.
• Ability to plan and organize daily workload of self and partners; flexibility to handle changing priorities.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• While performing the the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear.
• Comfortable with and enthusiastic about presenting to groups of at least 50 people.
• The employee is occasionally required to lift, push and/or move up to 20 lbs.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Managers should include the anticipated amount of travel in this section, if applicable
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a normal office environment.
• Occasional travel is expected, and may occasionally be required for up to one week at a time as needed.
• A fast-paced environment with an occasional heavy workload.
• Job may require working more than 40 hours a week at times.
American Greetings Disclaimer
The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
Minimum 4 Year / Bachelors Degree Marketing/ Business/ Communications