Position Title: Product Marketing Manager
Founded in 1915 to elevate the standard of qualification for the practice of medicine and provide a means for the recognition of qualified persons to practice in any state, territory, or dependency of the United States, we continue to further advance the assessment of medical education. Together with the Federation of State Medical Boards, we develop and manage the United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE) and other academic assessments. We offer a portfolio of products that include assessment tools for every stage of the medical school journey, high-quality licensing exams, and a range of products and services for healthcare professionals and educators. We are a not-for-profit with the dedicated mission of protecting the public through state-of-the-art assessments for healthcare professionals.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
At NBME, we continue to innovate and improve how we fulfill the evolving needs of the healthcare community. This commitment starts and ends with the people at NBME. By recruiting and empowering talented individuals from various disciplines and backgrounds, which includes professionals with diverse life experiences, abilities, and perspectives, NBME can take a well-informed, robust approach to advancing medical education and assessment for years to come.
The Product Marketing Manager provides strategic marketing expertise to internal stakeholders and cross-functional partners and is responsible for the planning and execution of short- and long-term marketing initiatives. As the Product Marketing Manager, you will support demand-driving marketing programs to create business growth for a portfolio of products and, with the Director of Marketing, identify ways to maximize market demand and in-market success. You will use your collaborative style to work with internal and external resources to help shape and communicate NBME’s vision and mission as you lead the development of a variety of B2B and B2C tactical campaigns.
As a Product Marketing Manager at NBME you will:
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities; work with product team and market research team to identify actionable market and customer insights.
- Diagram customer buying process and buying criteria.
- Work with product management team to create value proposition and ensure differentiation and relevance in the market.
- Provide support and counsel to the New Product Introduction team, including pricing and profitability analysis, market sizing, competitor analysis and the development of product positioning and go-to-market strategies.
- Incorporate company and product strategic priorities in customer marketing plans. Manage the product lifecycle from a go-to-market perspective.
- Partner with product managers and sales to create lead-generation strategies. Develop plans for “top-of-funnel” lead acquisition and nurture activities, cross-selling strategies, and other programs to drive incremental revenue.
- Collaborate with internal and external agency resources to create marketing materials and provide support for customer communications.
- Collaborate with the finance team to generate forecasts and budgets for revenue and customer acquisition.
- Derive competitive strategy and track product trends.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns and assess ROI and KPIs.
- Inform and align the organization around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics.
Skills and Abilities:
- Can champion the "Voice of the Customer" when collaborating with internal stakeholders.
- Has ability to effectively communicate brand strategies and goals to drive value from external agencies.
- Experience proactively driving customer demand and engagement throughout the product lifecycle.
- Previous experience developing and executing marketing plans that resulted in increased revenue.
- Experience conducting market analysis and developing annual strategic plans.
- Ability to build strong relationships and effective collaborations with internal teams and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate marketing strategies and vision to leadership teams and other internal brand stakeholders
- Minimum of 5-years of experience in marketing; experience in healthcare or assessment fields is strongly preferred
- A mix of B2B and B2C experience is preferred.
- Experience with Marketo and/or Salesforce is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in the development of product refresh/new product campaigns.
- Cross functional leadership experience.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of professionalism while under stress and deadlines.
- Expert problem-solving skills and the ability to set stakeholder expectations.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in marketing (MBA preferred).
- Offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a rewarding work environment.
- Is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.