As our Brand Manager, you bring products to market driving revenue, market share, category expansion and profit growth for the company. No two days are the same. You'll roll your sleeves up and work every day to move projects from idea to the shelves. That includes everything from insights and research, innovation, financials, or new product launch plans. To thrive in this role, you must be passionate about ideas and the possibility of transforming one of those into memorable consumer experiences through products you're proud to own.
Solving challenges is the very foundation of who we are. After all, our founder, sea captain Robert Fergusson, didn't particularly set out to invent rust preventive paint. He just wanted to keep his ship intact and stumbled upon a valuable solution. Today, that discovery is Rust-Oleum Corporation.
Founded in 1921, the same passion that drove the Captain to create the world’s first rust-preventative paint still drives us today. When we see a problem, we work diligently until we’ve perfected a solution, which has led to some of the most cutting edge, durable and innovative products in the industry. Our creative and talented team of over 2,000 people across every corner of the world help us remain the global leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry.
When we hire our next Brand Manager, here's what we are looking for.
- Product Marketing Experience. You've led a product development team before and understand the intricacies of supporting stakeholders across multiple functions, from sales to senior leadership. You have a thorough understanding of sales and project management principles.
- You know how to take a spark of an idea and translate it to an unmet consumer need. You are creative and a problem solver.
- Strategic Thinking. You will develop brand and product strategies for long-term growth.
- You treat your business – brand and products - like it’s your own. You will analyze the business and financial measures.
- We work in an industry where speed to market matters. We need teammates who can think fast, trust their intuition, and work with limited resources while giving attention to the details.
- Our marketing team actively participates in the organization and community, supporting nonprofits like RO-Cares and other charities. We try to model leadership, so if there's a cause that needs a leader, we will volunteer and lead. With your project management experience, you’ll be able to jump in on day one.
- You can rely on your team and they can rely on you. We help, trust and support each other.
- Brand Champion. You will be the champion for your brands ensuring all touchpoints are on target (communications, packaging, etc.)
- Marketing Education. You majored in marketing, and maybe even got your MBA.
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
- Four-year Marketing degree, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of brand/product management experience in consumer packaged goods industry.
- Strong new product development experience required.
- Exhibit understanding of retail, independent paint/hardware, and distribution business models.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of DIY and professional end-user product requirements and buying patterns. DIY or related experience strongly preferred.
- Ability and desire to understand and clearly communicate technical features and benefits related to the brands.
- Exhibit understanding of the product commercialization process and documentation and information sharing needs and protocols.
- Must be an active listener, a critical thinker, and a problem solver.
- Must be able to work well on cross-functional teams including Operations, Finance, Sales, Research & Development, Customer Service, etc.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to deliver professional written and oral presentations.
- Travel is approximately 5% annually for customer presentations, trade shows, etc.