Greatland Corporation, an employee-owned trusted national leader in web-based products and services for businesses, is seeking a motivated and experienced professional for the Product Manager position in our Grand Rapids, MI or Green Bay, WI office.
What you will do:
The Product Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of assigned product(s), as well as leading the research for new product features and innovation opportunities. You will analyze customer and market intelligence, plan product roadmaps, execute with excellence, and drive the internal product strategy. This position will work alongside our software development, sales and marketing teams to position the products, drive long-term sales growth, and increase our profitability.
You will succeed by:
Driving Business Results
- Provide input to product strategy and execute on related tactics for assigned product(s).
- Set annual product budget and drive to achieve the objectives for revenue, customer retention, growth, average sale, and profitability for assigned product(s).
- Understand and apply the principles of strategic pricing and set individual product prices based on established pricing strategy.
- Use market research, customer input, corporate knowledge, and financial metrics in making product recommendations for assigned product(s).
Deliver Results through People
- Build internal network with individuals in all functional areas and gain their trust and commitment to product goals and individual projects.
- Ensure that product decisions and news is appropriately communicated to employees and customers.
- Lead cross-functional product teams to deliver on product goals and projects.
- Provide product education and support for Sales and other internal areas as needed for assigned product(s).
Ensure Market Driven Direction
- Establish regular purposeful interaction with customers and prospects to develop a deep understanding of their needs, problems, and specific jobs.
- Understand and apply the principles of customer-led value creation in order to ensure alignment of value, price, and development costs.
- Maintain a database of key competitors including product features, pricing, and positioning and communicate clear value points that demonstrate Greatland’s competitive advantage.
- Assist in new product development research.
- Utilize “voice of customer” focus to identify and articulate customer needs and prioritize those needs as enhancements or innovations.
- Identify innovation product opportunities utilizing customer insights, market research, and internal corporate knowledge.
Guide Product Fit and Function
- Translate customer knowledge into value within the product.
- Understand and apply the basic principles of product life cycle management.
- Collect, evaluate, and prioritize product enhancements for assigned product(s).
- Understand and apply the basic principles of User Experience Design toward improving the customer experience.
- Champion the Idea to Launch process throughout the organization.
- Lead assigned enhancements or innovations through the Idea to Launch process coordinating with Product Development and Finance to build the appropriate level business case.
Manager Multiple Priorities
- Manage time and plans effectively.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prioritize activities appropriately.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university in a relevant field (such as marketing or business) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years of product management experience.
- Completion of Product Management training.
- AIPMM Product Management and Marketing certification.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with several types and levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally, including effective presentation
As an employee-owner of Greatland Corporation, you will have access to a premier benefits package. Here are just a few of our perks that we are proud to offer:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Profit Share Bonus
- S-Corp Distribution [Bonus to your 401(k)]
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Coverage
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement
- Ongoing personal and professional Growth Opportunities
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Income & Leave
- Long-term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunity for Partial Onsite & Partial Remote Schedule
This role does not have any direct reports.